Friday, May 3, 2013

Taper..


Oh those taper blues. Ever feel like a pent up labrador puppy? That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. The two miles I ran last night felt like the blink of an eye, and I left feeling even more energized, knowing that running two races will make for a great weekend. I'm set to run the Pittsburgh 5K and Half Marathon. This will be the 4th half I've run- the first I've stuck to a training plan for, haven't been ill for, and am 'running to really run' for. I'll be pacing my sweet husband-to-be for the 5K, so anything under 30 minutes will be just fine. For the half, I'd sure love to see a sub-2:10 time- preferably while running negative splits (Yes, we are going to get that ambitious). Can't wait to represent Altra for the first time running a half, and keep your eye out for my race report coming early next week. Wish me luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment