Sunday, September 8, 2013

Finishing up Week 3

Hello all. After a very productive week, despite bronchitis, I can say I feel right on track with training. I had an outstanding week in both strength and cardio aspects of training. I'm still finding that high protein/ low carbohydrate meal choices are working in my favor. Friday marked 18 months since I was in the "bod pod" last. This extremely accurate means of assessing body fat makes for a great check of total fitness. I was never really overweight- always ate healthy, per se. When I got in this machine 18 months ago, it told me I was slightly over weight, and my body fat was higher than it should have been. I committed to a low-carb lifestyle, and within 6 months I was down 23 pounds, and felt great. I maintained that weight for a year, and decided it was time to revisit the issue. Down 10% body fat, and 20 pounds, I was beyond thrilled with my report. It's really amazing that despite walking around in my body, it really didn't hit me until I saw it in black and white. It's easy to focus on the 2-3 pound fluctuations, but let's be real. We're athletes and we're human. We lift weights, we have a beer once in a while, and in my case, a week ago I was given 2 birthday cakes and 1 birthday pie. The whole point of this post: live it up, drink it down, and at the end of the day, just be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment