Thursday, August 22, 2013

"You put the lime in the coconut..."

There's no better feeling than putting on a pair of really sharp shoes. I can't wait to try my new Altra Provisioness 1.5 running shoes. I work in the originals every day, and love the versatility of these shoes. The removable stability wedge makes for a nice "extra something" for uneven ground. It's amazing how a thin layer of flexible material can make such a difference in the feel of this shoe. I typically forego the stability wedge for work, but may make an attempt to use it for road running. 

With a busy season ahead, I'm so looking forward to integrating my new strength regimen into an advanced half marathon training plan. The simplicity of the strength regimen is really ironic. The strength gained from exercises like squats, planks, and leg lifts, using proper form and timing, can be really quite extraordinary. 

My goal of a sub 2 hour half marathon is within reach, and more reasonable than ever. 21-22 minute 5Kwould be pretty awesome. Looking forward to 2-3 minute increment reductions beyond that...  I don't think I'll ever be a 1:35 half marathoner, or an ultra runner. The concept of becoming the best middle distance runner I can be-- that's something I could certainly get into!! 

These lime green Altra Provisioness  have me feeling inspired...

No comments:

Post a Comment