Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gearing up

Soooooo excited--- we're nearing fall training which has got to be one of the more comfortable seasons for running. There's nothing better than heading up to the track on a warm-ish night and the temperature feeling just right-- minimal humidity, and the clear, starry skies that come with it. I came across an article for an unseasonably warm solution to training and racing:

http://m.active.com/running/articles/4-ways-to-thrive-when-running-in-hot-weather.htm

The age old question of "how fast should I run for this random 85 degree hot, humid half marathon, when I trained for an 8:30 pace???" Thanks to this article and tool, the fear of bonking and dehydration are completely reasonable, and also, much more avoidable. 

For the first time in my running career, I signed up for 3 half marathons. I'm extremely excited for all of them, as I chose races across the spectrum- one is a local half- the scenic route for sure- perhaps 100-300 racers will enter. The second is a 3 hour distance from my home, a race I've always wanted to do- it caps at 5,000. The third is the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, which is just absolutely mind boggling to me, still. I can't wait to enjoy all of these with my running buddies. Fall distance is my favorite. An advanced training plan should put me on the most reasonable path to sub 2 hour half's across the board.  

No comments:

Post a Comment