Monday, February 11, 2013

Altra Ambassador 2013

I have been afforded a tremendous opportunity this year- a position as an Altra Zero Drop Ambassador for 2013. I could not be happier to represent a company that I absolutely love. I have a jam packed schedule this year, and plan to pick up any other races I can find. I finally found some speed over the last few months, thanks to interval training and attention to cadence. I broke 25 minutes (24:51) at a chilly New Year's Eve 5K this year, and thought to myself, "Really? That wasn't so bad..?" It's amazing how good it feels to shatter your goals, and how quickly you find yourself raising the bar even higher. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and I hope you'll provide some feedback along the way!

I attribute my steady improvement to a lot of hard work and my Altra Zero Drop shoes (I would specify a certain style, but I can't pick a favorite- that's like picking a favorite child for crying out loud!). I work in the Provisioness, which has led to a more comfortable professional life. Surgery can be hard on your body, but my postural improvement from wearing these shoes has changed everything. People expect you to be at the top of your game. Altra lets me do that in the operating room, and on the run. 

Altra brought out the best athlete in me, and I love spreading the word to others. Of the dozens of folks who have followed my lead, I have yet to find one person who has not been elated with their results. Everyone from my 72 year old diabetic friend who walks at the track every night while I run, to colleagues who rely on exercise for sanity- they're all loving life with zero limits.


No comments:

Post a Comment