Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Treadmill... Dreadmill?

I enjoy the principle of hopeless optimism- you know-- really looking hard for the good in things you find rather intolerable. For the first time in many years, the treadmill is that object of conflict. I find myself walking into the gym, taking that deep breath, hopping on, zoning out... before long, the aching in my knees (that had absolutely nothing to do with the ass-whooping I took on the racquetball court Sunday) has me thinking how nice it would be to grab a quick shower and pass out while watching NCIS on the couch. Maybe it's the fresh air and that oddly relaxing buzz you get from a winter run, that makes gearing up and heading out so worthwhile. Now that the wind chill is out of the negatives, maybe this week/weekend will some real road running. With true half training just one week away, it sure would be nice to feel the road under my feet...  There's something about knowing there are so many races to run-- it makes you want to get up and prepare. I love nothing more than to wake up with that good, clean soreness, that makes you smile from ear to ear before you even open your eyes. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will. It's going to be an awesome year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment