Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Growing pains?

12 years ago this month, I underwent a lateral release of my left patella. Just last week I answered questions about my fitness level and discussed injuries with a family member. He asked whether my knee ever cropped up, and I said "naaaahhh. Not in years". 

Rule number one: "Let sleeping dogs lie..."

I'm thinking this ache is from the higher intensity weight training I've been doing but I'm not really up for quitting. I've been walking a lot- some running-- enough to stay very fit while walking enough to make it comfortable. 

Folks always say that runners are stupid- pushing through injuries and pain. I think the mindset that controls pain and your response to endurance activities has a lot to do with where you've been. When you've been to hell and back with injuries, perspective comes a little more easily....

No comments:

Post a Comment