Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's been a good week...

Last weekend I ran my first 9K- boy was it awesome. I wish I had known going into it that it was about 60% trail running. I showed up in my Altra Delilah minimalist runners. Needless to say, I felt every rock- but I kind of loved it. I think with the lone peak's or even the provision, racing like that would be a complete joy. I finished the 5.6 mile jaunt in just over 49 minutes- a 78th place finish among 273 runners.

Two days later, still a bit sore, I showed up for the local memorial race for a young man who passed away 3 years ago- the result of injuries sustained in a car accident. Super sad situation but overwhelming support for his family and the high school cross country team. I heard that over 500 showed up for the walk/run. It was a challenging course- more so than you'd think. I knew better, as I've run it in training quite a few times.
A nice sized incline was just around the corner from the start, and rolling hills followed. It was nice to see everyone cheering at the high school at the finish of the race. Great support for a great memorial race. 1st place in age group, and got to see a lot of great people I don't see enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment