Monday, January 21, 2013

Natural love...

The things you do for love....

My soon-to-be husband looked at me one day a few months ago and asked, "soooo you think maybe I could run with you?" A short time later we were at the track, me in my Altra "Instinct" runners, and he in his high top basketball shoes. We did 5 miles of walk/jog intervals, at a pretty decent pace. I asked him what he thought, and his reply was simple "I need new shoes." He was a foot slammer and could not understand how I was so much lighter on my feet. I referred back to a presentation last spring that we went to at our local running store. It outlined the biomechanics of natural running, forefoot strike, and injury prevention. I had been into natural running for a couple months prior, and had wanted for him to get some more perspective on it. Luckily, he has an awesome memory to go with his charm and gorgeous smile. I digress...

It was time to introduce my sweetheart to the "zero-drop" philosophy.

We showed up at Foxtrot Runners (the coolest local running store), where Foxtrot Adam got my Adam hooked up with a pair of Altra "Provision". He took those and a couple other pairs for a spin in the parking lot, but could not get over how "perfect" the Altra's felt. We left with them and he was all smiles. Before long, he was enjoying natural running. I haven't heard him complain about being sore after exercise, and he is much lighter on his feet. It has been so much fun helping him transition. It's a good laugh seeing our shoes next to each other, too. This is my size 8.5 "Delilah" next to his size 14 "Provision". Maybe opposites really do attract?

No comments:

Post a Comment