Monday, January 14, 2013

R&R

If there are a million things to get done in a day, I'll add 3, carry the 1, and work a little harder to cram "just one extra thing... or two," in. Sound like you?

If you're the type of person who enjoys run-on sentences and distance running, and have the coordination to combine the two, you're in luck. It sure is nice when you can keep yourself entertained while logging some serious distance.

I had an interesting experience this weekend. It was late, and I was tired (It didn't hurt that my low-carb body was just introduced to a slab of lasagna with a nice caramel covered piece of cheesecake...). Instead of watching football on the couch, I figured It would be perfect timing for some base training. What a great idea- I was too tired to run fast, so running slow for a long time was spot on! Five+ miles later, as the gym was nearing closing time, I felt pretty darn good.

Running was not in the cards for me today. After work, two late meetings and a drive thru dinner, sometimes it's just nice to relish in the joy of making it through a particularly stressful day unscathed. Sometimes, days like these warrant a run to relax. Today, not so much.

What do you like to do on your rest days?

No comments:

Post a Comment